PUPPY FOUNDATION COURSE
For puppies aged up to 18 weeks at the start of the course. This is a 6-week course, each session lasting 50 minutes.
Our classes run at Halls for All in Leyland (Moss Lane, PR25 4XA).
There are 6 places available on each of our Puppy Foundation Courses to allow plenty of space between puppies and individual attention from the instructor.
To support the weekly classes, you will also receive a full set of detailed training notes so that you can refer back to them when you need to.
How early should I start training my puppy?? - The earlier the better! Click HERE to find out why!
Please note:- Group training classes are only suitable for puppies that can cope in a group environment. If your puppy is barky or very nervous, group classes are not for them (they will make the problem worse).
COVID-19 MEASURES: Maximum of two handlers per dog at this time.
UPCOMING COURSE START DATES:
- Wednesday 8 September - 6pm FULL
- Wednesday 29 September - 5pm FULL
- Saturday 9 October - 2pm FULL
- Wednesday 20 October - 6pm
- Wednesday 10 November - 5pm
£95 BOOK NOW
What will you learn during this course?
You will teach your puppy all the essential life skills to give them the best start possible in life:
- How dogs learn; their learning stages and how to efficiently teach them
- How to stop undesired behaviours from developing
- Building focus and connection with your dog
- How to work with what motivates your dog
- Clicker training; what is it and how do we use it to train a dog?
- Early socialisation; the do’s and don’ts
- Teaching your dog to pay attention to you
- Teaching your dog to sit, stand and lie down on command
- Teaching your dog to settle and be calm
- An introduction to walking nicely on the lead
- How to train a successful recall; techniques, do's and don'ts
- Tug games and the drop command
- An introduction to the leave command
- Foundation level stay training
- Handling, health checks and grooming
- Food manners; stopping your dog snatching food from your hand
- How to manage mouthing/biting and chewing
- How to be a responsible dog owner; dog law and dog owner etiquette
£95 BOOK NOW