ONE TO ONE TRAINING
COVID UPDATE:- The latest guidance that we have received states that outdoor one to one training can resume from 29th March. We are still offering Zoom training sessions for those people who wish to train at home online. An hour-long Zoom training session costs £45. Contact us to discuss your requirements.
Our private one to one training sessions are tailored to work specifically on topics you may need a helping hand with.
During these sessions, Emma will work with you and your dog to help overcome the things you are struggling with and will help you to better understand your dog. She will assess why your dog is behaving in a particular way and will show you how to teach new acceptable behaviours.
After the session has taken place, you will be provided with a set of training notes that detail the exercises/topics covered so that you can refer back to them as needed.
Please note:- If you would like to book in for one to one training, booking in advance is essential! We are generally operating with several week's wait to get into the diary for one to one training - this can be anything from a couple of weeks to four-six weeks wait.
Common topics include:
- Teaching your dog to pay attention to you
- How to build the bond with your dog
- Managing over-arousal (excitement) in different situations
- Teaching various obedience commands such as sit, lie down, stand, leave, drop
- Teaching self-control (i.e. settles, waits and stays)
- Teaching polite greetings to humans and other dogs
- Effective recall / Solving recall problems
- Teaching your dog not to pull on the lead
- Managing over-excitable behaviour in the home (i.e. jumping, mouthing, excess energy)
- Activities and games that will help you build a better connection with your dog
- Building confidence
- Crate training
- Toilet training problems
- Socialisation advice
- Travel problems
- How to manage mouthing, chewing and nipping